Microsoft reverses decision to not show ads from unverified advertisers
Microsoft is not banning ads from unverified marketers after all.
Instead, the company will only pause ads in a few scenarios while Advertiser Identity Verification (AIV) is completed.
Why we care. Advertisers no longer face such severe ad delivery interruptions for not being verified, however, you will still need to complete the Microsoft Ads verification requirements to eliminate risk all together.
How it works. All advertisers will still be asked to complete AIV when you set up a new account. If verification has not been completed, Microsoft will pause ads in the following scenarios:
- Advertisers whose ads will serve in the European Economic Area (EEA) will have 30 days to complete verification for ads to continue serving in the EEA.
- If AIV is not complete within 30 days, eligibility to serve ads in the EEA will be suspended until successful completion of AIV.
- Advertisers whose account has been flagged by systematic checks related to risk for advertisers or those who use our products.
- Ads will not serve globally until successful completion of AIV.
- Advertisers whose account has been suspended for policy violations, who have not already completed AIV.
- Successful completion of AIV will be the first step for the advertiser to be able to appeal the suspension.
Why now? Microsoft reviewed its initial decision following feedback from customers. After careful consideration, the company decided to change its decision in order to minimise the impact on customers.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
What has Microsoft said? A spokesperson for Microsoft said via a press release:
- "In June, we published a blog update sharing that Advertiser Identity Verification (AIV) would be required for all customers prior to 1 August, to continue showing ads globally."
- "After additional review and consideration, our approach to unverified advertisers has been slightly modified to provide additional time to optimise our process while reducing impact to our customers."
- "All advertisers will still be asked to complete AIV when they set up a new account. Ads will only be paused in a few scenarios for advertisers whose verification has not been completed."
- "As this continues to roll out across advertisers, the scope of ads that may be paused may expand over time as we continue to learn and evaluate the process, as well as any risks for our users."
Identity verification help. You can read the official help documentation here.
The post Microsoft reverses decision to not show ads from unverified advertisers appeared first on Search Engine Land.
from Search Engine Land https://searchengineland.com/microsoft-reverses-decision-ads-unverified-advertisers-430727
via free Seo Tools